How was I let down? Well, to tell you that I'd have to go from the start. Hey, for fun let's even make this into a story.
DISCLAIMER: ALL NAMES ARE MADE UP, EVEN MY OWN. IN THIS SHORT PROSE I WILL BE KNOWN AS NICOLETTA. ALSO, I HAVE TERRIBLE MEMORY SO PARTS OF THIS WILL BE FABRICATED.
If I Die Please Lower Me Gently Into The Grave So I Can Say That You Let Me Down Again
A short story by: Nicole D Zhang
"Oh my what the what, there is no school dance?!" I cried out on disbelief. Okay, so what about everyone spreading the news of a school Valentine's Day dance faster then workerbees? I mean, hello. Shawn had asked Lucia to the dance and right after Lucia's break up with Evan.
"Yes, the school hasn't planned any dances during February. Although there will be a dance in April, maybe you and Eleana can attend that one, Nicoletta." added Mrs. Laddie, my homeroom teacher, added as though the fact that there was another dance was only just pushed to the front of her mind. I couldn't blame her, as a teacher there must be way too much grades,homework assignments and trouble students stacked nicely in the teetering-tottering shelves of her mind.
"Maybe the dance is at the Baskerville Event Centre, I'm not a hundred percent sure but I think so." Luke, one of the trouble (though he was less trouble and more talk) students Mrs. Laddie usually looked out for piped up.
"Yeah, I'll take a look." I stumbled my way to the door, peeking out behind my stack of binders, pencil box and my glasses case perched at the very tippy-top. At 5'6 I was the tallest in my class but I still found it hard to balance my things to my locker and see at the same time.
My best friend, Eleana, was strangely sick today which had put me in a not-so-good mood. She certainly didn't seem sick yesterday and besides, we had planned a prank to pull on a fellow classmate and now that she was gone I couldn't do it. Laughing alone was so not an option. And not to mention it'd meant I'd have to ooVoo her the details on the dance. I was a lazy procrastinator and that meant I very much preferred to tell Eleana about the dance face-to-face.
I was looking forward to the dance but in the way you'd expect. Nope, I didn't have a date nor did I hope to snag a dance with anyway special. The whole reason why was that Eleana and I had made up a list of crazy and annoying things to do at the dance that we'd both been looking forward to. No dance meant no annoying people; annoying my peers was my favourite pastime.
Never mind,I thought,I guess I can find some time to ooVoo El after dinner.
__________________________________________________________________________________
shippergirl: Hey El, no school dance.
innocenteleanaworlder: What??!! You sure about that, Nick?
shippergirl: Well, it's a school dance and so far Mrs. Laddie says there's none. There's one in April though.
innocenteleanaworlder: There has got to be SOME dance cause I so need to annoy people.
shippergirl: Totally, that list was amazing and I am NOT letting it go to waste.
innocenteleanaworlder: Agreed.
shippergirl: Luke said it might be at BEC, 10 min to look for it?
innocenteleanaworlder: Yup. See ya.
shippergirl: See ya.
_________________________________________________________________________________
I stretched my arms,"Ugh, finally!".
After a few keywords I'd found the dance and it WAS at BEC from 7:00-10:00 PM. My mom had said I could go so now I just had to tell El.
shippergirl: The dance is at BEC from 7:00-10:00
A few minutes passed and then a gray bubble with three black circles popped up telling me that El was writing her reply.
innocenteleanaworlder: Cool! Gtg, bye.
shippergirl: Bye!
I practically couldn't wait- just thinking of the reactions El and I would get at the dance made me smile. This was what I loved about being El's BFF, the thrill I got when I made a complete and utter fool of myself because hey, I was loving it and that was all that mattered.
Best. Day. Ever.
END
Turns out "El" was told to play the piano for two hours yesterday. She came home and started playing the piano one hour before the dance. All I can say is that I had skittles, it's Friday the 13, I jinxed my luck earlier- now who said bad luck wasn't real? Below is the link to my list of fun and annoying things to do at the dance.
http://ohwhoisshe.tumblr.com/post/110472776797/crazy-things-to-do-at-a-dance-try-them-today
To cheer my up I'm going on
1. An angry knitting session.
2. An intense music progression.
3. A Pandora Hearts marathon.
4. A Valentine's-Day-Candy binge (it's a mystery how I'm not obese despite allthe chocolate I eat).
5. A mini destroying phase.
And of course some FOHEVAH ALONE AND PROUD OF IT posts. Until next time!
No comments:
Post a Comment